CUIIC Advanced HDD School
April 24-25, 2024
Telus Convention Centre
Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) is a construction process that is used in the pipeline construction industry to install pipelines under water bodies, steep or unstable slopes and other environmentally sensitive areas. Despite the prolific use of HDD in the Alberta oil and gas transmission sector, planning and executing an HDD project remains a new exercise for many, and often represents a steep and fast paced learning curve for the owner or consulting engineer.
After completing this course, participants will have an in-depth and technical understanding of HDD through comprehensive coverage of the construction, design, risk management and contracting processes. This course is intended for design engineers, construction management engineers, owners, and engineering consultants.
- Introduction to HDD Construction
- Tooling Requirement for HDD Projects
- Application and Management of Drill Fluid
- HDD Waste Management
- HDD Risk- Introduction, Assessment and Prioritization
- Geological Conditions and its Impact on HDD
- Planning and Design of HDD Projects from Owner’s Perspective
- Site Investigation and Geotechnical Considerations
- Advanced Engineering Design Principles for HDD Projects
- Drill Path Design
- Pipe Stress Analysis and Structural Considerations
- Effective Annular Pressure Management
- Innovative Design Tools – BoreAid Software
- Drill Analytics: Enhancing HDD Data Collection and Monitoring System
- Panel Discussion: Addressing HDD Challenges and Mitigating Risks
2024 Advanced HDD School Registration Includes:
- Full Academy Access (both days)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Coffee Breaks (both days)
- Networking Reception on April 24, 2024 with Appetizers and Refreshments
- CEUs from the Engineering Institute of Canada (by request)
Early Bird Rates in Effect until February 29!
CUIIC Member Rate
Become a Member and Save
The Canadian Underground Infrastructure Innovation Centre (CUIIC) is a research and education centre located at the University of Alberta. Membership in CUIIC is open to manufacturers, suppliers, contractors, consultants, utilities, municipalities, and non-profit agencies with an interest in underground infrastructure.
Sponsor the CUIIC Advanced HDD School
Please contact Meghan Squires at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about sponsoring the event.